retrieving word document saved to outlook temp file

Reaction score
I worked on a document I retrieved from an attachment to an email received from outlook application. I saved it with a different name to the outlooktemp folder--how do I retrieve it?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
You haven't mentioned which Mac OS X version but if you remember the docs new name, press ⌘ spacebar to bring up the Spotlight window in the upper right hand side of your Macs screen (or just click on the Spyglass icon up there). Then type the name and press Return and the results will be displayed.

At the top of the results list it will say, "Show All In Finder" ... select that and look for the Doc in the Finder window that opens and right-click or Ctrl + right-click it's name and select "Open Enclosing Folder" and you should be right to go (in a perfect world :) )

Reaction score
i tried that and doesn't come up--what comes up is the email message with the original attachement--but not what I saved:(

Reaction score
I opened another attachement and saved it with a different name because it was a read-only document--same problem--I typed the new name in the spotlight window and it does not return any hits :(

Reaction score
Save the Attachment on the Desktop before even opening it, then you know where it is.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
i tried that and doesn't come up--what comes up is the email message with the original attachement--but not what I saved:(

You said you saved the doc with a different name so I don't see how the original attachment would even be in the results list?

Reaction score
sorry, my response was for kaveman--
I saved the document with a different name but I typed part of the name and the actual email appears but not the documents I saved. I then tried an experiment and saved a different attachement and search for it and it does not show up either. That is, when I save the attachment without specifying a new location it disappears. Whe I say save as, it wants to save it in a folder called "Outlook temp"--but I cannot find the folder

Reaction score
i tried that--there is no "library" option in the "go" menu of the finder. Now I realized that had I gone to finder before I may have found the document among the recently used ones--no longer there though.

Reaction score
i figured it out--I can get there by pasting ~/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/Outlook Temp/ ----but I had closed outlook and the file is not there--thanks for your help yikes!

Ask a Question