Removing 802.1X from internet connect

Reaction score
This may sound stupid....but How do you remove the 802.1X tab in internet connect? You know you create it by going to file < New 802.1X Connection. Then you get that tab. I need to get rid of that tab. Is there a way to do it? Thanks

Searay

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

just click/hold and drag the icon above the window title bar and then let go, there should be a poof of smoke and it should disappear !

regards

Ric

Reaction score
That did not work for me. I don't know if it was there are so many connections that the 802.1x connection is in the drop down menu or not. But, you can also delete the 802.1x line from /Users/yourusername/Library/Prefrences/com.apple.internetconnect.plist
to remove it.

Reaction score
Hello Reducer and Welcome!

Thank you for the tip. That did the trick. I was able to delete it the first time when Ric and I talked about it. Then I needed to create it again for another place, then I tried to delete it and it didn't work. HA, now it's gone!! Thanks again!

Ask a Question