Random Screw ups!

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to read this!
I have a few very strange screw ups with my mac, and I am by no means a guru, so I was hoping to get any advice or suggestions from your awesome community!

The problems that I've been having are:

-Preferences get reset each time the computer restarts.
-If I place icons in a particular position on the desktop, i.e. the bottom row, their position defaults to the right side of the screen whenever I restart the computer.
-There are certain documents "stuck" on the desktop. Whenever I try to move them to a different location or folder, the desktop "refreshes" and the "owner" folder with documents, library, public, etc. opens.
-already registered software seems to randomly lose registration keys and asks for them again after restart. Sometimes if I restart again after prompted for the registration key, the application won't ask for it again.
-applications in dock all disappear after restart.
-computer is very slow.
-computer won't convert docs to PDF properly when I select it from the print menu. They show a corrupt document error when I try to open the pdf files later.
-Many applications quit and show an error. Especially web browsers like Safari and Firefox and the application "Preview."

please please offer any advice!

the computer I have is:

Mac OSX 10.4.11
Processor 1.25 GHz PowerPC G4 (Mirror Door)
1MB L3 cache
Memory: 2GB DDR SDRAM
Startup Disk: System.

I have 4 disks. I believe that 1 of them is portioned into 2 disks.

If there is any other info you need, please let me know!

Thanks
Bobby:cool:

Ask a Question