Random Restarts

Reaction score
I have a 2010 model MacBook Pro that up until recently ran just fine. However, it began randomly shutting itself off a few months ago. I thought it might have been due to the overwhelming amount of data that was stored on the hard drive and taxing processes such as games and graphic editing programs I occasionally run, so I whipped the hard drive clean and even upgraded to the latest version of OSX. The problem has gotten worse, though, and now it automatically restarts itself several times a day. I've noticed it does it almost exclusively when browsing the Internet, no matter the browser, especially now that I live in an apartment with a slow connection. I'm afraid to even activate a browser window because of how volatile it's become. What could be causing this and how can it be fixed?

Reaction score
Check the Console Logs, but it sounds like hardware, so it will need to go to an AppleCare Service Centre near you.

Reaction score
With a bit of luck its just overheating and if you get a qualified technician to clean out your fans that may well solve it?

Ask a Question