QuickTime audio recording disappears each time I stop it.

Reaction score
I am using Sierra 10.12.6. Hundreds of Gb of room. I am using Black Hole along with QuickTime 14.4. I am trying to record an audio book that plays on a web site. No problem getting it started--"new audio file" etc. and I can see both the web site and QuickTime are working--line bounce up and down. The problem comes when I want to stop it--say after chapter 10. I've tried both ways--stopping the web site first, stopping the QuickTime file first. Either way, when I go to save the QuickTime file, it's not there. And yes, I've done ALL the little tricks various web sites suggest. There is no "autosave" file, there is no "temp" file, it's not in the trash, etc. etc. etc. I'm sure there is something simple I am doing wrong, but I don't know what it is. And--of course--there doesn't seem to be any QuickTime instructions about how to do this (other than open the "new audio recording" etc.--no instructions on how to stop and save it. Any ideas???

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry for the VERY delayed response.

Which model Mac?

I haven't used BlackHole personally. When using the audio recording feature in QuickTime Player in older versions of macOS, when you stop the recording, you need to choose File > Save... and it will prompt you where to save the file. I do know there may be a file size limit as well with older versions, but I cannot remember exactly.

Have you tried recording other sources or using the built-in mic if you Mac has one?

C

Ask a Question