putting photos from iphoto to a document with text

Reaction score
I hope someone can help an absolute newbie transfer a few photos from iPhoto to a documernt (his Christmas Letter).
I thought this was simple but I can't seem to make it happen. And I also need to make it fit (smaller) exactly in the document. If I can't do this this weekend, it'll have to be printed and go out without photos. I hope you'll be patient and specific as to actions required. Please help......and, Thanks.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi, unfortunately you haven't provided any real useful information about what you've tried or what you are using, i.e. which app?

This makes it quite difficult for us because it leaves us guessing

I understand what you are trying to achieve though, usually it's just drag & drop onto the document then resize by clicking the image to highlight it within the document & dragging the corner "handles" inwards or outwards.

Or try looking in the Help file for adding image etc, it really just depends

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I have a Mac using OS X Lion. My photo is in iPhoto and the document into which I want to learn how to insert it (in whatever is the best Apple designed and most convenient way) is in Documents in Word for Mac. I would like to adjust the size of the photo after copying into the document. Also, I would like to have the text wrap around the photo "automatically" withpout cutting in pieces (as I have tried to do.)

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Launch iPhoto then select the photos you want then either go into File ~> Export or just drag & drop the images straight from the iPhoto window onto your Desktop, if there are too many you can first create a folder on your Desktop then drag & drop onto this folder.

I don't have Word for Mac but I'm almost certain these topics are covered in Word for Mac's Help file, found in the menu …. there would be a whole section dedicated to inserting images, text wrapping etc … click on Help then look for a text field where you can type "insert image".

I've been exactly where you are several times & always find I have to either consult the help files for the answer because I'm forever forgetting :)

I just googled quickly and this popped up:

Insert a Picture and Position pictures in Word

Last edited:

Ask a Question