Programs contantly sliding off screen

Reaction score
Hi, I have been having this issue for the past week or so and it is driving me nuts.
when ever i click on a programs window from another the one i was on will fly off screen and I need to click the tile to bring it back. It means i can't layer the windows and use two programs at once which is a real pain. Maybe it has something to do with there being two desktops or something but the off screen programs don't even show up in mission control.

I have a macbook pro OSX Lion 10.7.3
I have a feeling it is a simply corrected preference problem but I don't know where to begin and the odd wording is too vague for google

any help would be appreciate.
Cheers

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I've got this properly .... you are using the same OS version as I but you mention:

I need to click the tile to bring it back

So I'm not sure as I have no tiles on my Desktop and I use Spaces all the time .... do you mean your Spaces keep changing without warning? If so, have a look in System Prefs under Mission Control - there are some options there regarding Spaces ... the one that got me was "Automatically rearrange spaces based on most recent use" ... let me know if I've misunderstood you :)

I only just discovered that you can disable Dashboard as a Space and return it to it's former glory (my words) just by deselecting the option in that very section of Sys Prefs I spoke of above :)

Ask a Question