Problems with Solid State Hard Drive

Reaction score
I recently changed my regular hard drive in my macbook pro (2012 Lion) with a solid state drive (Samsung). I then made the old hard drive into an external hard drive to use for Time Machine backups. However a problem arises. When I try to open it on Finder, the drive doesn't appear. Since it was partitioned, only my PC partition titled "BOOTCAMP" shows up on finder. I had Time Machine back-up my files to the main Mac partition. Is there a way I can fix this so I can access my files in case of an emergency?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
What can you see in the Disc Utility window when the ext hd is attached?

You should see the drive and any partitions will be listed below.

Click on the Mac partition if it's showing in the left pane and up in the menubar of the window click "Mount" to see if this fixes things ...

Reaction score
I checked the disk utility. I clicked on the partition and it only give me the option to unmount the disk. I am assuming that it has been already mounted. Should I unmount it and then mount it again?

Ask a Question