Problems with Mail App

Reaction score
I have two accounts in my Mail App. The first being a Gmail account and the second, an AOL account. I have no problems with my Gmail account. Unfortunately I can't say the same for the other. Every time I delete mail from my AOL account a message comes up saying that :

The message “Tickets On Sale & Special Offers for the Week” could not be moved to the mailbox “Deleted Messages — AOL” The IMAP command “UID COPY” (to Deleted Messages) failed for the mailbox “INBOX” with server error: UID COPY failed Deleted Messages: no such mailbox.

I can't seem to find a solution for this, therefore in order to delete my AOL mail I have to sign in to AOL and delete mail that way. (I just thought that the point of the MAIL App. was to be able to control all your mail accounts in that one program)

If anyone can help I would appreciate it tremendously.

Reaction score
I have found the answer. I think you are Dutch, so the answer is in Dutch:

Ga naar Mail -> Voorkeuren -> klik op je account -> Postbusinstellingen

Afvinken: Bewaar verwijderde berichten op de server.

I can delete every mail now.

Reaction score
Okay, here it is in English:

Start Mail,
Go to preferences (Apple + ,)
Go to your AOL account,
Go to the Postofficebox set up,

And then next to the trashcan (latest option) it says: Save deleted messages on the server.
Do not put it on. I've removed the V in that little square, and my problem was solved then.

I hope it will solve the problem for you as well, I have an AOL account too. Please, let me know....

By the way: your last name sounds very Dutch. :)

Reaction score
I've been using Apple's Mail app with GMail via IMAP for a while with good results. Sometime in the last several days (perhaps with the OS X 10.5.2 update???) I've begun experiencing problems:

Deleting a message in Mail causes the message to disappear, then pop right back up, only grayed out. Using cmd-L will make it disappear, but the problem returns. (I've never had to use cmd-L in the past.)

Sending and Receiving mail seems very slow (viewed in the "Mail Activity" area) and sometimes appears to hang up completely.

Mail takes forever to quit, won't quit, or requires a force-quit.

After restarting mail, the "deleted" messages will reappear in my inbox.

Any ideas? Anyone else experiencing similar symptoms?

Thanks,
Patrick Steven

Ask a Question