Problem with eGPU GTX 650 ti boost HIGH SIERRA

Reaction score
Hello guys I have a 2012 MacBook Pro with a egfx eGPU 550 breakaway box.. I HAD geforce 640m and I installed it via the script from mayankk2308 purge-wrangler.. so I can activate the use of thunderbolt 1/2 for the eGPU... and in this scrip I can setup egpu (Nvidia or amd) ... the script worked fine with my old geforce 640m but now I tried the same process with my new GTX 650 ti boost and it doest work...

something is installed but its not fully recognising the card... I've already tried installing coda/nvidia web drivers and other guides but without any success(probably I'm not doing it right).. I feel like I'm missing something really simple, please if someone can send me a guide or something I would appreciate..

noting that, I switched cards and uninstalled any previous drivers and reinstalled via purge-wrangler the old 640m card again and it works...
basically when I install the GTX on system report its saying Nvidia Chip Model, basically not fully recognising it.
follow screenshot
Im using HIGH SIERRA 10.13.6

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 21.22.43.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 21.22.43.png
    89 KB · Views: 14

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Your best bet would probably be to contact mayankk2308 purge-wrangler, since they are the ones that wrote the original script. Maybe they will have some insight for the new card.

Be well,

C

Ask a Question