Problem updating Mojave to Ventura

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have a 2017 iMac 5k 27' with the 1TB fusion drive that had the 32GB hybrid SSD.
When I first got it it run great, it had just been set up with a clean install of Mac OS Ventura and it ran fine.
My problems happened when I upgraded the fusion drive and the SSD.
I added a 1TB 2.5 SSD in place of the fusion drive and a 256GB PCI NVME drive in place of the 32GB that was there already.
I’m having problems trying to update as per title. It gets near the end of the installation then just reboots, this is with the new hardware installed. I spent the day trying to get the OS installed, with no luck. I even tried re formatting both SSD's with the AFPS and Mac OS extended Journaled, but couldn't get the OS on the drive.
So I decided to put the old fusion drive back in. I thought it would just be a simple job, as the drive had just come out of the machine. But no, instead of just booting up normally I had to go into recovery mode and reinstall the OS again. Anyway know with the fusion drive back in and running mac os ventura and the new PCI-E SSD still in, but now I keep getting intermittent re-booting, it could be after 10min or an hour, then it would just re-boot. So I decided to copy the information from the diagnostic report and post it here, hoping that someone might understand it.
From what I read, I thing the PCI-E SSD may be incompatible or faulty, but it did show up in disk utility.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 2017 imac error.txt
    10.3 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
One thing that you didn't say is if you recreated a fusion drive with the SSD and NVMe drive?

To troubleshoot, the 1st thing that I would try is to take out the NVMe drive and try with just the SSD.

Ask a Question