problem opening pages

Reaction score
hello (again)

The thing is that ...safari isn't opening several pages..mainly forums, I tried downloading firefox, yet the same happens, then I went to the pc, and checked that the page is indeed working and that it is just me and my imac that wont open it...what can I do?

thanx in advance....

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Are you using Safari 3? Try clearing out the cache;

Safari ~> Empty Cache

Then quit and relaunch Safari.

You could also try Safari in another account to see if this problem exists solely within your account only.

Can you post one of the sites so I can check it on my iMac?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
You didn't say whether you're using Safari 2 or 3 ...

Do a Spotlight search for com.apple.Safari.plist, back it up, then move it to your Desktop. Log out/in and test Safari.

Another thing you could try is to log into or create another User Account and test Safari. Then we'll know if this issue is User specific or System wide.

Reaction score
am using version 3. 0 .4 ...hmm..I do the spotlight search...but what I get is this page(post).....

ToT.......

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Did you try the above troubleshooting advice Leeca? Did you have problems finding the .plist file for Safari?

Reaction score
ok..I had problems finding the .plist (didn't find it), then I tried using a guest account and no luck....

I think...my imac...hates me ....lol.....

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
ok..I had problems finding the .plist (didn't find it), then I tried using a guest account and no luck....

I think...my imac...hates me ....lol.....

The .plist file is found at this path:

YourUserAccount ~> Library ~> Preferences ~> com.apple.Safari.plist

What version of Mac OS are you running?

Reaction score
hmm... tried that... nothing happened, also tried with a guest account....I think I'll leave it like that and if I need to open the forum I'll just go to the pc XD

thanks for the effort and help

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
You can always re-install Safari from your System Restore Disc that came with your Mac .... shame about this issue, there seems to be so many really weird and random problems at the moment ... quite hard to troubleshoot.

Reaction score
how do i set my pc up 2 wireless

i have recently wipped my computer so i have lost the wireless set up but i have lost the disk 2 install my wireless adapter but there is a site u can go on 2 download the set up and install it agen but i cant remember what it was someone please help me

Ask a Question