problem email with entourage

Reaction score
I am trying to set up yahoo email with Entourage. Purchased the yahoo plus account and followed the instructions for setting up the pop account. When I tried to send mail an error message said connection to the server failed. I don't know where I even need to look to find problem. New to imac, just purchased July 6 2007 and have not used a computer for past 3 years. Can you help please?
I have microsoft office 2004 version 11.0.0 (040405)
mac os x version 10.4.10
as far as what type of mac...uh 17"
internet through CenturyTel DSL
trying to send text

Reaction score
Those were the instructions I had used. I did get anoher yahoo plus account for a different (personal) email address and switched identities and the install assistant did all the work and entourage was up and running within seconds. I ended up having to set up the initial(business) address (pop yahoo) on apple mail and that set up no problem. It is frustrating. I like entourage better than apple mail but we have letterhead and business cards already printed with the business email address. I am going to try to set up a different identity and try again the business starting from scratch again.

Ask a Question