Print multiple slides with notes on one page?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to print multiple slides with notes from Powerpoint? I'm using Office 2011. I know that with a PC you can do the "send to" and publish in Word, but I don't see that feature with this version of Powerpoint. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Its one of my main sticking points with Microsoft's execution of Office 2011, the significant differences of handling functionality between systems, they really should have maintained significant consistency.

That said...
If I understand your challenge, you want to print a PPT in Notes view correct? If that's the case, the key is as follows:
1) Get to print menu (Cmd + P)
2) Under "Copies & Pages" (third selection bar from top) there is an option below that saying "Print What:", choose "Notes". This will print the slide above and the notes of that slide beneath it.
3) Choose the slides you want printed, either "All" or select which slides you want to print.
4) If you want more than one slide per page, select "Layout" from the same third selection bar from the top and choose "Pages per Sheet" and choose 1, 2 or up to 16 but my experience is, you won't want to do more than 4 per sheet and 2 in this format is the best.
5) If your printer supports it, go to the third drop down and select "Duplex Printing & Margin" and select "Duplex Printing" and the options associated with that which your printer supports.

----
This should get you where you want to be with the printing feature. You can also set all those variables and print to PDF by selecting the bottom left hand corner button titled "PDF" and go on from there. Its a nice feature if you want to send the output to others without having to worry about format or version compatibility issues.

Now, you say that you used to "Send To" and publish to Word, is that what you want to do as well? -- If so, you can "Save As" to "RTF" (Rich Text Format) and then open it in MS Word. I'm not aware of a quicker way of doing this in the Mac version.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
This worked great, Jnaeve. Thanks for your very clear instructions. I wasn't able to get the slides with notes to print in portrait layout format ( it defaulted to landscape ), but that is a minor problem.

Ask a Question