Preview Shortcut for Adjust Color > Auto Levels

Reaction score
G'Day,

This is my first post in here and I am hoping someone can help me out.
I do a LOT of simple jpeg edits in the Preview App on my MBP - cropping, adjusting color and numbering images.
What I am looking for is two-fold:

1. A Keyboard Shortcut for the Adjust Color > Auto Levels function you can apply to images.
I understand I can use OPTION-COMMAND-C to open up the Adjust Color dialog box, but beyond that I am looking for an additional shortcut for the "Auto Levels" function. Ideally, I'd love a single shortcut that would perform both actions. (I understand the Automator App *may* be a solution for something like this but I am completely unfamiliar with that App).

2. iOS 16 has just released a REALLY useful (for me) feature that allows you to make edits to an image, then copy those edits and paste them to a selection of other images. A feature like this in Preview would be incredibly handy. Does anyone know if that function exists on OSX?

Thanks so much for your assistance.
Cheers!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

1. Yes, an Automator action would probably be able to perform that function. But like you, I am not very familiar with Automator either. Hopefully another member will chime in that does have experience.

2. I don't believe that functionality exists in macOS...but maybe in a future version?

C

Ask a Question