Preview problem adding text

Reaction score
My MacBook Air 2020 suddenly will not add text to the text box in Preview. I am trying to fill in a pdf form. The first several text box worked. Now when I click on the text box the text comes up a very pale blue. Have I inadvertently disabled the ability to add text?

Reaction score
My MacBook Air 2020 suddenly will not add text to the text box in Preview. I am trying to fill in a pdf form. The first several text box worked. Now when I click on the text box the text comes up a very pale blue. Have I inadvertently disabled the ability to add text?
I have found Preview to fail when filling out forms. If you don’t have another PDF reader app installed, you can try Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, which is free. Another freeware PDF reader is Skim, but for purposes of form filling, I have had great success with Acrobat Reader, even if I also have the full Adobe Acrobat program.

Ask a Question