Preview problem

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to this board, so if I'm in the wrong place, my apologies.
I have a Mac Powerbook G4, OSX.4.11, which I use for graphics and print production.
While I use Preview a majority of the time to view photos, I do have a couple of jobs (magazines) which I would prefer to open in Photoshop.
My aggravation is that, when I open jpegs etc, it's always done with Preview. Is it possible to change this so as to make the default Photoshop for opening pic files?

Hope for an early reply.

Reaction score
Changing the default application is very easy. You can do a global change and all your jpgs will open with Photoshop. Here are a couple of methods:

(1) Find a jpg in your Mac.
(2) Hold the option key down and right-click (or control click) on the icon.
(3) The second menu item you will see says "Always open with" and to its right a list of applications.
(4) Select Photoshop. From then one, all jpgs will open with Photoshop.

The second method is similar.
(1) Find a jpg in your Mac.
(2) Highlight its icon and do a command + I.
(3) Look at the section that says "Open with" in the window that opens.
(4) Select Photoshop and click "Change All." From then one, all jpgs will open with Photoshop.

Reaction score
Hi,
Many thanks for the quick and helpful reply Brilliant!:p
First method worked for me.
I've been trying to set this up on and off for about six months! Done in two minutes. Makes me feel a bit dim!!

Thanks again

Regards

Ask a Question