Powerbook G4 problems

Reaction score
Hi I have a couple of problems:

1} Powerbook g4 1.33 MHz used to work fine but now if I unplug ac power the battery goes dead very quickly, but still shows 5 green lights before hand. Do I need a new battery for this?

2} My charger light flickers a little, someone told me it might be shorting out on the dc in board or logic board, if so is this easy to fix

Any help would be much appreciated

Reaction score
I have the same PowerBook, I've never had a problem with my battery so far but I have noticed a reduction in its charge life. I would say my battery is now half as effective as it was when new. So what I'm saying is, it might be a good idea to get a new battery, esp for an older machine.

As for the charger light flickering, I used to get this all the time. Then one day the charger got stuck in to the PowerBook. I had to send my machine off to have the charger removed by an Apple workshop. I don't know what they replaced other than the charger itself (i know they replaced the charger as they sent me a magsafe one back by mistake at first) but I haven't had any flickering since.

Hope this may be of some help.

Reaction score
I have the same PowerBook, I've never had a problem with my battery so far but I have noticed a reduction in its charge life. I would say my battery is now half as effective as it was when new. So what I'm saying is, it might be a good idea to get a new battery, esp for an older machine.

As for the charger light flickering, I used to get this all the time. Then one day the charger got stuck in to the PowerBook. I had to send my machine off to have the charger removed by an Apple workshop. I don't know what they replaced other than the charger itself (i know they replaced the charger as they sent me a magsafe one back by mistake at first) but I haven't had any flickering since.

Hope this may be of some help.

Cheers but there has since been an update, my charger broke like yours did, so I got a cheap one from ebay, big mistake! The thing melted within a minute inside, so now I have to put a new dc in board in. As I am on a tight budget I am going to attempt this myself which should be interesting:confused:

Ask a Question