Powerbook and 10.45

Reaction score
I'm running old system software on both my computers. My Powerbook is running 10.4.5 and my imac is running 10.2.8...basically what they came with. I need to update to run my new ipod and am wondering how to go about this. I've heard some pretty nasty things about Leopard and don't want to purchase it. Is it possible to still find older, downloadable updates, such as 10.4.8 or 10.5?? If so, which system can I update to?
walris

Reaction score
I'm running old system software on both my computers. My Powerbook is running 10.4.5 and my imac is running 10.2.8...basically what they came with. I need to update to run my new ipod and am wondering how to go about this. I've heard some pretty nasty things about Leopard and don't want to purchase it. Is it possible to still find older, downloadable updates, such as 10.4.8 or 10.5?? If so, which system can I update to?
walris
Welcome aboard.
Tiger goes up to 10.4.11.
Have you tried clicking on the blue apple on the top left hand side of your screen and then clicking on the Software Update tab?

Reaction score
Thanks Walrus...I did update my powerbook that way. I haven't with my imac yet. I guess I really wanted to know if anyone really didn't like a particular update.
Walris

Reaction score
Thanks Walrus...I did update my powerbook that way. I haven't with my imac yet. I guess I really wanted to know if anyone really didn't like a particular update.
Walris

Well, 10.4.11 is as far as we are going to go on Tiger which is fine because it's running like a champ! However, as you indicated, a lot of people aren't very happy about Leopard. As for myself, although Leopard will run on a fairly current Power PC, I think that Leopard is really designed for the new Intel Macs, at least if you want to experience it's full effect. Of course this is a matter of opinion. As long as you're content with the operating system that you run, this is really all that matters. Man, there are people out there who still run OS 9! :eek:

Reaction score
G-5 2.0 to be a true mac fan alway update once a month it will keep you out of trouble and by the way what have you heard that is so bad about leopard have 5 computers running in my home alone. it is worth the time and the money.

Ask a Question