Power MAC G5

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am new to the forum, I write about Hungary and use translation software. I turn to this forum because the tone and style of forums in Hungary is not my world......

What I would like advice on is this: I recently received from a friend an old Power MAC G5 miracle (2x1.8 GHz) that has nothing on it, but the machine is operational. I would like to install osx on it, but I have no experience with it. If anyone could help me and describe the step-by-step osx installation process, I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance: Drozdik

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am new to the forum, I write about Hungary and use translation software. I turn to this forum because the tone and style of forums in Hungary is not my world......

What I would like advice on is this: I recently received from a friend an old Power MAC G5 miracle (2x1.8 GHz) that has nothing on it, but the machine is operational. I would like to install osx on it, but I have no experience with it. If anyone could help me and describe the step-by-step osx installation process, I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance: Drozdik
My guess is that it’s a 2003 Power Mac G5. Maximum operating system is Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard). You may have to hunt around for an installer CD or DVD (if the Mac is equipped with a DVD drive) for it. If you can only locate an older version, the minimum that G5 will run is Mac OS X 10.2.7 (Jaguar).

Ask a Question