.png?

D

dick

My Mac hicupped awhile ago and several things that used to work one way now work a different way and I want to get them back to the old familiar way:

#1 I use "Command-Shift-3" to capture the entire screen and "Command- Shift-4" to capture sections of a screen and both of saved pics as .jpg which worked fine for sending pics to my windoze friends. Now, after the hiccup, "Command-Shift-3 & 4" saves pics as .png files which the windoze folks can't open. How can I get the k-board commands to save as .jpg again? (I have tried importing the saves to iPhoto and then exporting them, hoping to change the filename, but that hasn't worked).

#2 Since the hiccup, the menu for my HD opens in reverse alphabetical order. How can I get back to the ol' ABC at the top instead of the current "ZYX"? (One used to be able to click in the header of the menu to reverse the alpha listing but that doesn't seem to work any longer).

#3 I have to restart my cable modem & router almost every time to start my Mac. If I don't, I can't get a connection. As soon as I restart them, the connection is made & works fine until I shut down.

Thanks,
dick

MacBook Pro

Ask a Question