Convert PNG to JPeg?

Reaction score
It used to be simple to convert a PNG graphic to a JPeg. In earlier versions of Preview you could save the image as "save as" and convert. In it's infinite wisdom Apple has "improved" the Preview app so as to eliminate that option. So what does one do now?

Reaction score
Thanks, Cory. Nothing like hiding a good thing! And searching under "Help" was no help at all. What would we do without you? And it's Saturday, don't you ever have time off? Again, thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

I work a lot of hours M-F, so I get to help folks out here on the weekends...between football games of course!

C

Reaction score
I used to use GIMP (Gnu Image Manipulation Program), open source and free, but the interface leaves much to be desired. Lately I've come to really appreciate Pixelmator, which bears a striking resemblance to Photoshop 3, 4 and 5. I just wish it would support clipping paths, or I'd discover whether it's a "hidden feature."

Reaction score
No worries.

I work a lot of hours M-F, so I get to help folks out here on the weekends...between football games of course!

C

Yeah, Cory is the man! He might be a little "bummed" out today, as the Patriots lost last night to the Chiefs.

Actually, the same could happen to me after Sunday, as the Seahawks have to travel to Lambeau Field on Sunday and play the Packers. It will definitely be a tough game.

Ask a Question