Photoshop registration

Reaction score
I used to work on a G4 computer, shared with partner. When we upgraded OS from Classic to Panther, we bought InDesign CS2, but we hadn't opted for the complete suite, as we already had a photoshop 6.0. We then found out that this version of Photoshop isn't supported on Panther and had to buy Photoshop CS2 separately. We bought this from e-bay for $525.

About a year later, I bought a macbook pro and needed to instal software. The InDesign CS2 we had bought gave us another serial number, which allowed me to instal it on the macbook. However, when I came to instal Photoshop CS2, the original CD did not allow another serial number.

Is this the way it is or have I been a sucker somewhere along the line (apart from not having realise I should buy the whole CS2 complete suite in the first place)? Considering that Photoshop alone cost as much as InDesign, I found it strange that it should carry only one serial number.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

So you own...

InDesign CS2 full version (one serial number)

Photoshop 6.0

Then you have bought a new version of Photoshop CS2 ? or was this the upgrade to your version 6 ?

Each piece of software is installable on 'one' machine...did you uninstall/deactivate from the older macs ?

regards

Ric

Ask a Question