Photo Booth

Reaction score
I have a Tiger and have never been able to get Photo Booth to work, open even! I have just re-booted but nothing.

I keep getting the following message:

"Photo Booth won't open because no camera is attached or because the camera is in use by another application

Make sure your digital video camera is properly attached and turned on. If you are using the camera with another application, close that application before trying to open Photo Booth again."

This appears to be self explanatory but it is not attached to another camera should be bulit into my mac.

karazelle

Reaction score
Go to Apple -> About this Mac -> More Info, look under USB for "Built in iSight"

See something like:

Built-in iSight:
Version: 1.84
Bus Power (mA): 500
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Micron
Product ID: 0x8501
Vendor ID: 0x05ac (Apple Computer, Inc.)

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, but went to where directed and, no, I don't have that. Does this mean that it is not there? Not sure why that should be as when i bought it they said that it had isight.

karazelle

Reaction score
If you have built in iSight you should have a lens physically on the monitor more or less smack in the middle, with a very tiny light next to it.

Reaction score
Yes, I do have the built in isight on the monitor - the very little light (size of a pin prick) never lights up. I can't really understand why it won't pick it up. I fail to see why they would put the screen in etc. if it didn't work. Cheers for the help, any thing else I can try.

Many thanks in advance

Kuda

Reaction score
Yes, I do have the built in isight on the monitor - the very little light (size of a pin prick) never lights up.

Take it in to the apple store. The iSight is physically disconnected inside the computer and needs to be repaired. Apple will do this for free.

Reaction score
Cheers for the tips. i wil take it in to a store - after my hols - and hopefully they will fix it.

karazelle

Reaction score
Let us know how it worked out and use the Thread Tools menu to set this to solved if that worked out. :)

Ask a Question