Photo app recommendation

Reaction score
I have thousands of photos arranged into folders and subfolders on my Mac

traditionally have used Picasa as an “album” software which used the photo folder structure to organise albums. It’s not supported any more.

looking for a better app that, when installed, will use the current structure of my folders for the Albums within the app without me having to do anything manual

also helpful if the app allows some level of photo editing / touch up too.

just can’t find anything that will read all my current folder structure into albums

mark

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-Are you using the Picasa application, or did you use it via the web interface?

Picasa isn't supported by Google any longer, but the desktop app should still function as long as you don't upgrade OS X/macOS. I don't know of any photo application that will replace it and function with your current folder structure, as that was unique to Picasa. There are other applications like Photos that could be used, but you would need to manually import the photos/folders, and may have to adjust them into albums.

There is some additional information about Picasa on Google's website: Moving on from Picasa

Maybe that will help a little.

C

Reaction score
Adobe Lighroom should be able to use an existing file structure without problem plus very-ably do all the adjustments that you want. Prettu straightforward to learn and good for all levels from amateur to pro. The only downside (now) is that it is subscription based....

Ask a Question