Password Problem

Reaction score
I just got my new mac book yesterday. I did a couple things on it then, shut down. Today I tried to start it up and it won't accept my passcode. I have the correct passcode. I have only ever had three passcodes for everything and I have tried every one of them. The little space where I put the passcode jiggles sideways when I enter it. They give the hint after a couple tries. I follow the hint to the t and it won't open.

This is pretty disappointing, hope you can help me.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello.

Just to rule it out...is the Caps Lock key enabled with a green light?

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory......nice to see you again. Problem is solved this afternoon. You are right, it was a caps problem.

When I first set up the new mac book, I had to put in my passcode and hint. I didn't realize the caps were on (at that time), then I logged out and when I tried to log back in, of course, I put in the real passcode without caps and couple get in. When I logged in this afternoon I tried it with all caps and bingo !!

Thanks for always being here when I need your expert advice Cory. :)

Ask a Question