Adobe password problem not accepted

Reaction score
Hi, I need adobe but despite changing my password several times it won't allow me to download?

I Have El Capitan 10.11.5. I am getting sp frustrated, tried to download from Adobe official site as recommended.

I need it to watch my shows which are not allowed on the i-player, it appears I am not the only one.

I am an old girl so make it easy on me.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Did you mean Adobe Flash Player? If so, you can use Google Chrome instead of Safari, as it has Adobe Flash Player built-in.

Which password is not working...your user account on your Mac? If so, it will be the same password as the one you use to login to the computer or when the installer prompts you. Also, if it is your account password, where did you change it?

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory.
Been trying for ages,My user account, that was what I changed,I managed to set this up on Adobe! dont ask
I have been reading about Apple probs and adobe,seems they are plcking, Should I trust Mac rumurs,
I found the un-installer and even tried to uninstall the old adobe, with the new Apple password got the shakes on that as well, I dont kow much about Chrome, so if I go with that then will I lose the safari as well?
Gosh this is getting more complicated the more I read, mention of HTML!

Reaction score
Still trying to get adobe upgrade, unable to watch prog etc sign says out of date flash but no matter what I do its doesn't happen, I get the little shaking sign, also updates are available but another sign says I can't even update software as its not mine! so whose is it? its my laptop, my el capitan.fed up.

If I change to google what will I do with Safari, I can't delete it can I as it came with the laptop

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, so it sounds like your computer password is the issue. When you try to install something, a box like this pops up to enter your user password, correct?

passwordprompt.png

If you download and install Google Chrome, you don't have to delete Safari. You can simply use it instead of Safari, as it is just another web browser application. The benefit of Chrome is that it has Adobe Flash built-in, so you won't need to update it like you have to when it is installed separately as you have now.

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory, been trying for days now, I have googled all kinds, I cant even do my updates,that part states update unavailble either it was bought by a different user or the item was cancelled or refunded and that is
photo,You are right I will have to download Chrome, I have found every password I have ever have
and tried, funny enough I changed my apple password without an old one. All I see is the shaking sign
just about to give up when you posted reply,its the message plug in unavailable out of date flash player
shows up all the time update now, and thats as far as I get.
Thank you Cory

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
-So, you can't run Software Updates from the App Store either? Is that where you are getting the messages about bought by a different user, etc.? Because, that password is for your Apple ID, not your user password for your computer.
-Is that the password prompt box above you get when trying to install the Flash update?

C

Reaction score
Cory,the box above is for the updates,says the message in the previous post.What I see is the same type box but it says"install adobe flash player wants to make changes type your p/w to allow.
and no matter what it wont allow,
I have been trying so many passwords, altho I have oly maybe four but letters etc are changed round.
I can access the apple store with one of them. does that make sense?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Yes, but the App Store may use the same password, if you set them to be the same, but the App Store password is used for purchasing things from the App Store, and the user password is used to login to yourMac and install software and updates.

That is the same box then, with the Adobe wording in it. It is asking for your user password. If you don't remember it, you can reset it as follows:

Reset Forgotten Admin Password OSX 10.11 El Capitan

You can then restart, and use the password you just changed it to.

C

Reaction score
Ok, here we go, did all what you said Cory, got to terminal part all it had was bash-3-2 and hash tag sign
nothing to say reset P/W
Dont get fed up please

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Not fed up at all. ;)

If you started into the Recovery Partition and launched Terminal, at the -bash-3.2# prompt you have to type resetpassword and then press the Enter key. That will bring up the window shown in the article where you select the hard drive, select the user, and then enter the new password twice.

If you still can't get it, it may be a good thing to visit an Apple Store, as they can "see" exactly what the issue is in person, and solve it quickly. I am not giving up, just giving you other options.

C

Reaction score
OMG all done, Apple helped me, and you of course,took over an hour, I didnt realise you had to type the words Resetpassword, so after we did that and changed it, then the other prob kicked in
which was the adobe, but he did it remotely, so I am a happy old girl, so thank you for your help Cory, you dont know how good it feels to have support
Thank you

Ask a Question