Partitioning Help!

Reaction score
Hi. A few months ago I upgraded my MBP to Mountain Lion operating system and it works great. However, I first partitioned my drive, one drive running Snow Leopard and the other running the new Mountain Lion system. I decided that I like Mountain Lion much more than Snow Leopard and I deleted the Snow Leopard drive. However, I am left with a drive partition with Mountain Lion and an empty partition. I have about 140 gig. for Mountain Lion but I am unable to expand the memory for this drive even though Disk Utility says I have over 100 gigs left on my overall hard drive. I cannot drag the box because I am at the bottom and the other empty drive is at the top and neither will move any more. There has to be a way around this! I am sorry if I am so roundabout. If there is an app that will help me or if I am being stupid and the answer is obvious, please let me know!

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-04 at 9.00.10 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-03-04 at 9.00.10 PM.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 355
Reaction score
I could be wrong and will check with our Tech when she gets back, but the problem is that you can't remove the first Partition only subsequent ones, so you may have to move ML onto the first Partition and then remove the second. But give me some time to check this...

Reaction score
How do I go about moving it? I would rather not have to install ML again on the new partition. IS there a simple "copy and paste" way to do it?

Reaction score
I just registered to this site tonight and am highly pleased. Mr. Kaveman you are very helpful. Thank you so much!

Reaction score
Yes, I was right, Clone it over then boot off the other Partition and resize/remove the second partition.

Ask a Question