Partition Issues! pleas help?

Reaction score
Hi...So a while back I duel booted my mac with a copy of windows 7, using bootcamp. Since that time, I've gotten no use out of it and wanted to reclaim that lovely memory space for my mac. I'm not a very tech savvy person, so I looked to the internet as to how to go about doing that, and I've hit a bit of a snag... So, I've gotten rid of the windows partition, but I can't re-partition my "mac" space to the full memory, because it keeps having an error. It says

Partition failed
Partition failed with the error:
could not modify partition map because file system verification failed

Could someone please explain what that means and what I can do to fix it? And please keep in mind that I'm really not very computer savvy when giving direction. Dumb it down as much as possible :p Thanks!!

And please forgive the misspelled "please" in the title...typo that I can't seem to figure out how to fix.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-07-17 at 1.36.45 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-07-17 at 1.36.45 PM.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 242
  • Screen shot 2012-07-17 at 1.37.44 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-07-17 at 1.37.44 PM.png
    119.7 KB · Views: 276

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
You wouldn't be able to change the partition table while booted from your internal HD ... you need to unmount your HD first so you would need to be booted from the Lion recovery partition or the install media depending on your OS version. It's likely you'll be looking at fully reinstalling or partitioning your HD again from scratch .... I could be wrong as I'm no expert but I would back up my files If I were you as a starting point.

Ask a Question