Owner Password

Reaction score
When I try to save a pdf that I have downloaded, I am told that I need to enter the owner password. I have saved this pdf successfully on another computer, so I do not know why I am having difficulty on this computer. The password that I use to install updates, etc. does not work and I have never used any other password on this computer. (Mac OS X 10.6.8)

Thank you.

Reaction score
PDFs can have their own passwords, and they can be set to different actions. Printing, saving can all all require passwords.

To save a protected PDF you need to contact the person who made the PDF and get the required password.

Reaction score
I am having exactly the same problem...I have tried every password I can think of and nothing allows me to save the PDF. I can, however, view AND print it, so can scan it back on to the computer to save it, but that's really time consuming. Is an owner password the same as the Administrator password. I too am on 10.6.8. When I was using10.5.8 I didn't have this problem. Very frustrating, solutions welcomed ;)

Ask a Question