'Other' space on macbook air SDD

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to the mac OS but not new to software and computers. But I cannot for the life of me figure out why the 'Other" space on my hard drive continues to grow when I check the "storage" section under "about this mac"

I attached a photo below. It's really starting to take a hit on my drive space. I've used various programs like disk inventory X to try and find the phantom space but gotten nothing.

PLEASE HELP! :confused:

thanks,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-05-19 at 4.26.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-05-19 at 4.26.53 PM.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 345
Reaction score
Other is everything else!

Documents, Libraries, OS, All manner of Caches, everything...

Reaction score
Hmm, no that can't be it. I carry no documents on this computer except for audio and photos. And they have been separated and designated by the other coloured bars. it also cannot be applications because they have been separated as well.

Also that would not explain why the 'other' space keeps growing in size. I also know enough to know that the OS does not take up 29 GB of space. When I formatted this computer a few weeks ago the 'other' space was only 6 GB. the only thing it could be is a cache of some sort.

Someone else please?

Reaction score
I am also having problems in this area. Things I have found. You can access the ~/library folder through go menu enter in search ~/library
When I did some math on the shown folders I have a 90 GB discrepancy.
I can find nothing to help me. If you managed to find some help could forward a link pls?

Ask a Question