OSX 10.4.7! help please!!

Reaction score
ok, i installed the 10.4.7 update on my powerbook g4 the other day, now, my camera isnt being recognized by the system, and 50% of my programs arent opening. for instance, when i try to open photoshop, i get this error message :

"The application "Photoshop" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "'<application><CarbonLib><CFMPriv_ATS><>"

what do i do? i need to update a website and i am desparate to use some programs!! is there a way that i can "downgrade" to the older operating system when everything was working smoothly? help please!!!

Reaction score
Hello Leaves and Welcome!

Try repairing your disk permissions. Go to Utilities and go to Disk Utility. Select your hard drive and click repair permissions. Then restart your computer. Let us know how it works out for you!

Reaction score
Try this:

Launch Disk Utility and repair permissions.

Run Disk Warrior, TechTool, or the Disk Utility repair command from the system install disk.

If you haven't got it, download the FULL "MacOSXUpdCombo10.4.7PPC.dmg" (144.8MB) and apply it.

Reinstall Photoshop - it may have lost the Application Support files.

Good luck!

Reaction score
thank you so much for your help! i dont know why i didnt think of reparing my permissions in the first place. photoshop appears to be working now, but its still not recognizing my camera. i have a fijifilm finepix 400. any ideas?
i called fujifilm and they said it was a mac problem. that my usb ports were being occupied by something else (although i have no idea what that could be). my apple support is beyond warranty, and i cant cant cant afford to call them for tech support. any more ideas would be so appreciated!!

Reaction score
Hello Leaves! Hello Hpmazer and Welcome!

Thank you for the additional tips hpmazer!

@ Leaves, Great to hear you got photoshop working!

Normally when something isn't working via the USB ports, a program is at fault. I know in the past for me, a simple restart of the computer worked fine for me; my USB thumb drives, cameras and other thing worked fine after a restart. Have you tried restarting your computer without the camera plugged in?

Reaction score
thanks for the help searay. ive tried all that youve suggested and still nothing.
my printer is not being recognized too. ugh. this is so frustrating!
anyone have anything else i caould try?

Ric

Reaction score
Hello all !

Have you restarted the Mac without anything plugged in and then tried plugging one in and trying that...

Are they plugged into a USB hub or directly into the Mac ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
hi ric, yep ive tried that. ive tried restarting with nothing plugged in, restarting with things plugged in and turned off, restarting with things plugged in and turned on and nothing. ugh. this is so frustrating!

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there leaves

did you try the 'combo' update as suggested before ?

Give that a go, restart, and then do the repair permissions again.

If there is still no joy then create a new User account and plug the camera in whilst in that account to see if it gets recognised...

Then we will know whether it is a hardware or software problem !

regards

Ric

Ask a Question