OS 10 Install ....

Reaction score
Yes I have Tiger CD. I am using Mac Pro with duel bud core 2,8 xenon (early 2008) system w/ 8gb ram.... I also have Lion on flash drive.....and Sierra on a flash drive.....but I thought TIGER in CD was easiest install.......

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger won't actually run on the Mac Pro (Early 2008). It shipped with a minimum of Mac OS X 10.5.1 Leopard, and can run all the way up to Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan. It is not compatible with macOS 10.12 Sierra.

Hope that helps,

C

Reaction score
Thank You Cory..... and reply to Spawn...... I do not have any of the required install OS necessary...... Looks like I will have to obtain...... I do have a flash drive with disk warrior 5 ... a disk warrior recovery disk.... I also read on Lifewire site that you can download a copy of El Capitan to a flash drive. Any suggestions....?

Thank you all for your time and efforts..... I am good with the mechanical aspects of computers but am mere newbie when it comes to software items.....Kevin

Reaction score
Also....... When I try to boot up Samsung SSD pro 850 to install software....... It says HD is unrecognized ...... and I also cannot mount it from disk warrior..... it will let me portion it buy no other functions are available..... driving me bonkers... Kevin

Reaction score
It could be the case where you have to start with (and pay for) Snow Leopard, OS 10.6.8. You can get it from an Apple store:

http://www.apple.com/es/shop/product/MC573E/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard

(Sorry about the "European" post. I am in Lanzarote, and thus can't easily get an "American" link. But, I am just about certain it costs $19.99 in the US. You can also get it from Amazon, but I believe it costs more).

Once you obtain and install that, you can then download and eventually install, for free, the last version of El Capitan, OS 10.11.6, from the App store. However, be aware that if you are using any third party software with your Mac right now, some (maybe all?) of them might need to be upgraded in order to be compatible with El Capitan).

Also, not sure what you mean by "When I try to boot up Samsung SSD pro 850 to install software". Were you trying to boot your Mac from the SSD? If so, it would need to have a (bootable) Mac OS version on it. I have two Samsung 850 Pro 512 gig SSDs in external enclosures that I use for backups, and each of them have a bootable backup for each of my Macs on it (partitioned, of course, and the backups made with SuperDuper!).

Ask a Question