OS 10.7 Wi-Fi Problems

Reaction score
Hello,

Hope someone can help me here. I recently moved from one house to another and I haven't had any problems with the wi-fi before. At first I thought it was a problem with my service provider but I called them, came to visit and didn't find anything, so I am almost sure it is something with my iMac because my Pc's don't have these problems.

My problem is with the wi-fi, it is stable until my wi-fi recognizes other connections near my house and I got disconnected, in order to fix this I have to deactivate the wi-fi and reconnect again, but I am tired of doing this and more because I used to play internet games and it gets disconnected from time to time. So I want to know if someone has the same problem or a final fix for this. Also, I have realized that running flash content in my iMac has the same effect; it disconnects me from the internet. As I said before I haven't had those problems in the past and I don't know what is happening. I thought also it was because of the channel, but I have tried channel 1, 6 and 11 and the same thing happens. Is there a way to block connections or to block my wi-fi to recognize those other wi-fi connections? Hope someone can help me please.

Reaction score
It will be the Location of the Mac and Basestation, is it an Apple basestation?

There are an amazing amount of things that can interfere with the WiFi signal.
Hold Down Option and pop the WiFi menu open.
Check your Transmit Rate, mines 243.

Reaction score
It is the most likely reason, the lower it is the more likely any extra interference will knock it off the network.

We do find that the Apple basestations are better than the ones in the routers.

Reaction score
So, you think connecting my computer to the ethernet will fix the problem? because if that's the case i can call my provider to come and put the modem in my room because it is not close enough right now!

Ask a Question