SOLVED Old Mac + Newer iPad = No Music Transfer

Reaction score
What I have to work with -
Mac (early 2008 using El Capitan OS 10.11.6)
iPad (2nd Gen iPad Pro Software Version 13.7)

The problem -
I have an old Mac and an iPad I was given as a gift (hand-me-down). The iPad is too new to sync to my mac. My mac is too old to download and use "air drop" (Mac too old to install or use).

I found I can email the songs to myself and listen to them on the iPad but I don't see any way to download the songs to the iPad Music. All I seem to be able to do is down load them to a Download Folder and store them there.

How do I get my music onto the iPad. My computer is too old to update iTunes to be equal to the iPads Music OS, so the two machines don't see each other to transfer the music. Short of using someone else's computer to do it, I don't know how to get my music from my OLD mac to the iPad. Does anyone else have this issue and if so, how did you get around the issue?

Thank you

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

From my understanding, OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 and iOS 13.7 should be able to sync music via iTunes, even though there is a large age difference. The iTunes version in El Capitan should be 12.8 or later.

When you connect the iPad, can you not see it in iTunes at all?

C

Ask a Question