ohmigosh! where 2 start?!

Reaction score
hello all!!

couple of major issues with my mac.

bought a mac [an older one for my 10 yr old daughter and for me to gradually learn on!! before i take the big leap!!] and the screen saver goes off after 10 seconds!

secondly in itunes when i burn a new cd i bought it will not display the titles - it numbers them as 'tracks' cannot figure out how to fix this - does anyone know?! also it will not recognize either one of our ipods!!

also [tough question] when i travel i 'surf' off internet waves, however the new pc will not do that - is there any way i can connect her pc to mine to get onto the internet?

Does anyone know how to do these things? if so i would greatly appreciate any kind of direction whatsoever!!! i am completely lost!!

Take care,
kelly

Reaction score
Hi Kelly, congrats on the Mac!
1.Screen Saver- Did you try setting the Screen Saver in your System Preferences? If not, open System Preferences, (If it's not on your dock it's in your Application's folder and it's icon looks like a light switch with an apple.) click on the Desktop and Screen Saver icon, click on the Screen Saver tab and then move the slider to the desired position.
2.iTunes- I believe that you have to be connected to the internet in order for iTunes to display the track names. If you are connected to the internet it might be a matter of preferences. Go to iTunes Preferences, click on the Advanced icon, click on the importing tab and make sure that the second and the third boxes have check marks in them. Here's some screenshots if you need 'em. This link will be good for one week. http://snipr.com/1ol30-udkdkq
Take care ;)

Ask a Question