Not very confident user probe with Google,Facebook, spotify

Reaction score
Hope someone can help. I have the macbook air don't use it to it's full capacity in fact don't use it much at all the main reason. I most can't search in google as it won't load properly. I can't access Facebook and spotify mostly throws me out. We have 2 xbox one in the house and 4 iPhones and i often wonder if it's a internet problem. I usually share my iPhone data with my mac when the xbox's are in use as I think they zap what we have. I just want to be able to access Facebook, spotify and google now and gain. I am not asking for much am I? TIA

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-What version of OS X?
-Have you tried another browser other than Safari - Google Chrome, Firefox, etc.?
-Does it only affect your MacBook Air?
-Can you reach those sites if you are using wireless somewhere else - friend's house, work, etc.?
-What do you mean "share my iPhone data with my mac when the xbox's are in use" - do you create an Internet hotspot with your iPhone?

C

Reaction score
I have tried to use Bing as a search engine but alas no Facebook. How do I know which OS X I am using? Yes only affects Mac book air and yes sometimes i have to create a hotspot with my phone due to sluggish internet in the house.

Reaction score
To find out what exact Mac OS you are using, while in the Finder (the Mac desktop), go to the Black Apple icon in the upper left hand corner, and click on it. The first tow "lines" on the ensuing display tell you both the name of the Mac OS you are using, and the version number. For example, when I just did it on the Mac MIni I am entering this on, it says:

OS X El Capitan (in BIG letters)
Version 10.11.3

Below that it has some exact specifications of the Mac model I am using.

I also have a MacBook Air, a mid 2013 13" model with a 256 gig SSD inside it, and I do not have the issues you are encountering. I do use Google Chrome about 99.9% of the time, as it is definitely the fastest browser. You should follow Cory's suggestion and try another browser besides Safari.

Also, have you ever done any disk maintenance at all on your MacBook Air?

Ask a Question