Not turning on and dim charger light

Reaction score
Ok so Monday night I was using my laptop just fine, but on Tuesday when I tried to start it did nothing and the light on the charger was barely visible. Next I looked online and it mentioned to take off the battery then plug it in, I did that and light was bright green. So I connected the battery, the put the back cover on it left it to charge but it still would not respond to anything. Then I noticed that it also said to start it when the battery was out. So I redid the procedure and now the light is back to being dim, any suggestions, is this an easy fix. By the way I tried another charger and it did the same thing, also it is 13" spring '12 MacBook pro model. Wanted to check here before I brought It in because I do not live very close to an apple store or anything like that. Thank you for any help.

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

Possibly hardware like logic board or bad dc-in magsafe adapter. Try this first unplug the charger from the mains and from the Mac then let it stand overnight 6+hours, in the morning re attach.

If no success then I feel it is a GB appointment at the Apple store.

Let us know what happens.

Reaction score
Ok so update the charger is now normal green computer is still unresponsive. When I plug the charger into the computer without the battery attached this morning the screen turned on but only loaded half of the bars then it shut down, reconnected the battery the light on the charger is still normal. Anymore suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Hi,

Sounds like the charger is ok, but as I mentioned possibly logic board:(.

I realise you have no Apple store close by but feel that is your only option.

One thing you could try is recovery if your running Mountain Lion or mavericks by doing the following.

1) Hold down Command-R during startup.
2) If you see your desktop you did not press the keys fast enough.
3) If you did then you should see a desktop with the OS X menu bar and utility's.
4) From there you can run Disk Utility to check or repair your hard drive, erase your hard drive and reinstall OS X.

Ask a Question