Not recognizing battery

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've had my MB for a year and four months, and about three months ago I discovered a problem: my MB would not recognize my battery. The battery would be in the laptop, but up in the top righthand corner, instead of the the battery appearing, there was an "x" through the little battery. Sometimes the laptop would run off of the battery (although it said there was no batter installed) while others it wouldn't even allow me to turn on the MB while the battery was in (forcing me to take it out and only use the power from the AC cord).

So, after I got home from school I took it into best buy where I had the warranty. They looked at it, told me it was the battery, but that the warranty didn't cover it so I needed to go buy a new one. So today I did, I went to the Mac Store and bought a new battery. Soon as I got home, I plugged the new battery in - and the same problem is happening again.

So obviously this can't be the battery - so than what is it? I can't afford a new Mac, and this is only a little over a year old! Is there anything I can do?

Thanks for any help,

Bflywings

SwampWitch

Reaction score
You can try running software updates and calling AppleCare. Personally, I would take the MacBook and both batteries to the Apple store to get some answers.

Reaction score

Ask a Question