"Not Mac Friendly" web sites

SwampWitch

Reaction score
What is "Not Mac Friendly"? My daughter recently tried to enter an online contest from "YTV" (a Canadian station). Every time our postal code was put in, it would automatically change.

Example:
A1C 2B3 is my (fake) postal code
computer changes it to 8-1 5
every time

This happened once before when I was trying to order groceries online. I called computer support and was told the site was "not Mac friendly" and they were "working on it."

Anyone know what this is? What should I say to computer support? Any tricks getting around it? I never had this problem when living in the U.S.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

p.s. I have a MacBook OS X Version 10.4.7

Reaction score
"Not mac friendly" means the website has not been written for viewing via Mac computers - in other words, the web browser Safari basically.

When this happens, try downloading and installing FIREFOX - which usually solves some issues with browsing problems.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi,

yes Wifey has the same problem, her bank doesn't recognise Safari, Firefox etc...

It only works with Internet Explorer !

Needless to say I don't bank with them ;-)

regards

Ric

SwampWitch

Reaction score
I just had to use Firefox and it worked great. Thanks!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

Reaction score
In the same vein as this topic I'm having a problem getting the graphs to run on the Investors Business Daily site. Everything else on their sites works fine. It's only the graphs that don't work on my Mac (version 10.5.5, 2.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, iMac5,1). The IBD site advises using an emulator but I'm wondering if with the newer Macs there might be away to deal with this?

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

can you give a link to a specific URL then we can have a look.

regards

Ric

Ask a Question