no response from USB ports

Reaction score
Hi

Nothing happens when I insert my usb sticks in my ports anymore.
I suspect that it maybe happened after I installed a windows partition.

Anyone have any ideas if that could be the case and how to solve it?

best regards
Jesper

Reaction score
Yes now you say it, I have a mouse that actually respond to the ports but 3 different USB sticks where nothing happens

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
if the mouse is detected but the USB sticks aren't, i would be trying those sticks in another computer

what version on mac os x do you have?

Reaction score
Spawn_Dooley makes a valid point. On both my late 2012 Mac Mini and Mid 2013 13" MacBook Air, I am running the newest version of Mavericks, 10.9.5. For the two USB Flash Drives I have, a Sony 2 GB and a PNY 8 GB, they are not detected by either machine, no matter which USB port I use. Worse yet, I could not even "see" either of them in Disk Utility. Yet, I have an older 17" MacBook Pro that I use Snow Leopard on, and they are detected on that machine.

I had "heard" previously that there are some issues with Mavericks and USB Flash Drives. Can anyone recommend which ones will work with Mavericks? I consistently see them on sale (especially ones by PNY), but I am reluctant to purchase any of them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have figured it out now, had to make a safe removal of the usb's in my windows partition. Can't really explain what the issue was, but thanks for the help.

Best regards
Jesper

Ask a Question