Reaction score
Hello,

Problem : new mouse Razer Naga Trinity

My System:
iMac (Retina 5K, 27'', ultimo 2014)
3,5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4 GB
macOS Catalina,

I'm using for years not the apple mouse, but a gaming mouse with a lot of buttons to press. As my old Razer Naga showed signs of hard use (doubleklicking and more) I decided to get a new one.
I bought the Razer Naga Trinity in the German Razer store. I updated Razer Synapse, registered the mouse and Razer Synapse sees it, as well as the old mouse.

While the old mouse still works, though with restrictions, the new mouse does not respond, regardless which USB Port I use (Mac or keyboard). I restarted the computer after updating Synapse, didn't help.

I think, that might not be a problem of the mouse, but of my Mac, and there might be an easy solution I just don't see. Sometimes, when I used my old mouse, it occured, that it didn't respond after a new start, but deplugging it from the keyboard for a sec helped, but it doesn't work this time.

Can anybody please help me? Thanks

Mintaka

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I had never heard of the Razer product line until your post, so I wouldn't have any experience in troubleshooting it.

Honestly, the best thing would be to contact Razer Support directly. They should be able to give the proper compatibility and troubleshooting support.

Sorry,

C

Reaction score
Thanks for answering. I asked in the Razer forum as well, but nobody answered until now. I will turn to the Razer support directly, if needed, then I'll post here a possible solution.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, sounds good.

Good luck, and definitley let us know if you find a solution.

C

Reaction score
Problem solved.... *looks a bit embarrassed*.. forgot to remove the protection plastic which covers the base of the mouse.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Ooof!!! ;)

Thanks for the honesty in posting the solution.

Stay safe and healthy,

C

Ask a Question