Mac Monitor Won't recognize Mac Mouse

Reaction score
My son gave me a Mac mini. It worked on a TV screen with remote Mac keyboard and the Mac mouse. However, he gave me a Mac monitor and when I tried to connect it was a no go. Both keyboard and mouse aren't recognized on the Mac monitor. I search the internet and it says "go tp system preferences, bluetooth etc" but if the keyboard and mouse aren't recognized how in the world can I go to system preferences? I've even gone back tot he TV screen and it doesn't work now. Batteries are all fresh and I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which model Mac mini?
-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-Which version of the Apple Magic Keyboard and Mouse - batteries or rechargeable?
-Which model is the Mac monitor?

First thing to try would be to power off the Mac mini and then power it on. See if that reconnects the Bluetooth keyboard/mouse. If that doesn't work, you can connect pretty much any USB keyboard/mouse to the mini to re-establish the connection.

C

Ask a Question