new internal hd trouble

Reaction score
Hey,
I have been given a power mac g4 with the old tiger os 10.4 and needed more hd space so I installed a 126gb pata hd but now the mac still uses the original factory 25.6gb hd. I am not very computer savy and am less savy about macs. This was a gift from my brother in law after they upgraded to a new mac. I have iLife 5 and am trying some home movie editing and it is telling me it is out of disc space. I don't know how to make the mac use the new 126gb hd. Help!

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
About iMovie, be sure to empty iMovies own Trash ... like iPhoto, putting clips etc in the bin doesn't automatically delete them and emptying the Trash on your Desktop won't remove them either. Look for the options you need withing iMovie. (if that's what you are using).

I can't help you with the other as there is some basic info you've forgotten to add ... :)

Reaction score
That version stores all the clips in the iMovie Document, so save your document to the external drive then import your media into it there.

To make space on your startup drive find the iMove Docs you have made and drag and drop them onto the external drive. Then open them and work on them there.

A G4, hmmm your brother in law doesn't like you that much;-)

Ask a Question