New Home Hub

Reaction score
You kindly helped me once before and now may I ask for your help again.

I got connected to a new British Telecom home hub this morning.

My Mac is connected on line just fine....but my hubby's computer is not connected to the internet, because I don't know how to get him back on !

I'm a senior and not good at anything technical. Please can you advise me (idiot fashion, as in step by step), how to connect my hubby back on line.

Thank you SO much.

Londoner (again!)

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Have you contacted BT? Their techs should walk you through the troubleshooting process.

Reaction score
Yes, I was on to B.T. for 1 hour and 25 minutes ! Talk about frustrating....I waited forty minutes just listening to on line music, waiting for them to answer !!!! They wanted to charge me £30 as a "one off payment" for the service too ! If I ask them now as to how to get my hubby back on, they will want to charge.

They did ultimately get me on line, but it didn't automatically put my hubby back on line too.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
What Mac OS X version does your husband have on his Mac?

How are you both connected to the BT Hub & what version Hub did you get?

Make sure he runs Software Update on his Mac so it's fully up-to-date.

Does this help?

Or this?

As an aside, are folk in the UK still charged by the minute for local calls?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hubby has a Windows laptop. I now have a Home Hub 4.

Think I need to "bite the bullet" and try to get B.T. again (it's so frustrating calling them).

Yes Spawn_ Dooley, you still get charged by the minute. I have a Package" for our phone though and we pay just over £7 a month and get all our land line calls "free" up to an hour.....if you want to talk longer than an hour, you replace the receiver and dial again. Calls are unlimited, so long as they're a land line and not cell phones.

Ask a Question