Networksetup - System Network Configuration

Reaction score
Hi,

How did you get on re 1&2 in my previous post?

Years ago I seem to remember I had a similar thing when using a Swisscom MiFi unit.

Reaction score
No my internet is USB wifi. With the type of internet that I have it can only be used with device at a time, it cant be used as a hot spot.

This issue only started after i installed the new OS X update. I also have issues now with the connection some times saying that there is more than 1 network available but Im not connected to any

Reaction score
this is what it is if it helps

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-17 at 3.49.34 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-17 at 3.49.34 pm.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 339

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Yes, that does help a lot … are you within the Telstra network coverage map? not in a black spot?

Reaction score
is this what you mean?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-17 at 4.04.04 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-17 at 4.04.04 pm.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 325
  • Screen Shot 2014-08-17 at 4.04.17 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-17 at 4.04.17 pm.png
    46 KB · Views: 337

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
in the first attachment there is a check box to tick for automatic connection. select it to enable this feature then disconnect the device, reboot your mac then connect the device to see if there are any positive changes to your issue.

Reaction score
I did what you said but the pop up screen keeps coming on once the internet is connected

Attachments

• network issue.jpg
    network issue.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 311
Reaction score
I don't really have issues with the connection apart from it falling out from time to time its more now though since I did the update the pop up comes up and if I keep cancelling it, I lose my connection.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
What OS X version do you now have? Yes your connection won't go ahead without giving permission to Networksetup to do it's thing.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
There may be a way to stop your Mac always asking for administration rights to authorise change but it would surely entail some really serious under-the-bonnet tinkering on your Mac using Terminal code, but again I don't have direct expertise on this issue so I'd only be googling & if I struck it lucky, passing the method to you to follow at your own risk.

I have been doing extensive googling on this issue with not much luck really but the following might offer a solution with the emphasis on 'might'.

Some have found changing from the BigPond Connection Manager software/drivers to the Netgear AirCard/drivers have helped but usually for connection issues not specifically your issue.

AirCard 320U (BigPond)

You can only give it a whirl but I am using Mac OS X 10.7.5 & cannot replicate your issue.

If you google aircard 320U usb modem & click on the images tab you will see that your USB device is shown amongst the results so don't be confused by this …

All I can suggest is that you either give the AirCard software a go over the BigPond Connection Mgr software

OR

you can book an Telstra Tech Bar appointment & make sure you can take both your Mac & the device in to Telstra so they can see exactly what you're seeing …. well that's my 2¢'s worth hope it helps :)

Ask a Question