network settings bug

Reaction score
I have a macbook pro, os x 10.4.11

today my computer stopped connecting wirelessly to the internet. when I go to system preferences - network i get the error message 'your network settings have been changed by another application' I accept the ok notice but it keeps reappearing. I cannot quit system preferences and the shut down is cancelled by system preferences. I also cannot change any settings in the network window because of the error message. I have re-booted the computer...not sure if that is the correct term but held down the power button until the computer shuts off. when it starts up again it shows the same errors.

I have searched all recently altered/files with the find option hoping something would seem odd...I feel like I might have a virus. Any suggestions of what I might do to help myself?

Reaction score
I too am having the same exact issue. I wonder if there is any solution short of doing an "archive and install"?

Ask a Question