need help with zip files

Reaction score
Hello all:
I am unable to open any .zip file using stuffit expander. All of them open as .exe files ( as in windows) Same with wyzo zip files. What am i doing wrong? Even after I change the extensions to .dmg ,I am not clear as to how to open them. Please help.
raj
G5 Mac os X version 10.4.11

Reaction score
Hello all:
I am unable to open any .zip file using stuffit expander. All of them open as .exe files ( as in windows) Same with wyzo zip files. What am i doing wrong? Even after I change the extensions to .dmg ,I am not clear as to how to open them. Please help.
raj
G5 Mac os X version 10.4.11

What are these zipped files, anyway? Maybe they are indeed .exe. So, changing the extensions won't help. I'd first make sure the files you're getting are not .exe. Check with the sender or the site you're getting those files from to see what the unzipped files are supposed to be.

Reaction score
Every zip file can't be .exe file, right? that is what is happening to me. They show up as to be opened by citrix web client which is what I use to access my work related sites and have .exe extention once I double click on any zipped file. Has it something to do with preferences for opening zip files? If so how do I do it? I can't understand every zip file opening as .exe file! very frustrating.
Thanks for your help.

Ask a Question