need help with touchpad

Reaction score
My touchpad goes weird.....it makes boxes and turns everything a light blue, and then freezes my computer. I have a macbook pro that is one year old with all recent updates. This does not happen when I use my wireless mouse, but only with the touchpad. Also, it has no real system to it, just starts turning everything an opaque blue and my screen starts to roll up. Sometimes, you can fix it by double-clicking, but most times you have to restart. Can anybody help?

Thanks

Reaction score
everything it touches highlights light blue, and sometimes it just highlights everything on the page and begins to scroll and continue until I stop it.

Reaction score
I guess I'm stumping everybody with this one....I'm relatively new to mac and still pretty ignorant on the operating system. On my Windows I could do a system restore....is there a way to reset or restore my mousepad?

Thanks

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

will it allow you to take a screengrab next time it happens...or take a pic with a digital camera and post it here, so we can see it.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
i don't know what a screengrab is..........I'll try a photo, but it's just highlighting everything............when it happens, my wireless mouse becomes inoperable as well. all i can do is tap the pad until it goes away. sometimes it goes away, sometimes it doesn't.

Reaction score
now my camera batteries are dead...no spares.have to wait to recharge before i can post a photo......going insane here.....

thanks and patience,

Reaction score
it makes boxes and turns everything a light blue

Check your trackpad settings and see if you have checked anything in the Trackpad Gestures:
Like clicking or dragging

You may be just dragging a selection

darock

Ask a Question