Need Help! When to upgrade from OS Monterey to Mac OS Sonoma 14.4.1 with Adobe Creative Cloud Software

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just have a quick technical question about upgrading to the latest Mac OS and using Adobe CC design products. I called Adobe multiple times in the last 4 months to no avail. Even their own "technical" hotline people could not answer my question. I am trying to figure out when I can "safely" upgrade my Mac OS from Monterey to OS Sonoma 14.4.1.

I have a monthly subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud as a professional graphic designer and I know that each time I have upgraded to yet another OS for my 27-inch 2019 iMac, I have weird issues going on in either Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects or Premiere Pro which seems to be ongoing.

If anyone is a digital or graphic designer and can let me know how to proceed, I would greatly appreciate it! I have already been all over the internet on many tech forums for both Adobe and Apple. I don't see any good answers other than it seemed that even in March 2024 designers were having lots of tech issues using Adobe products after upgrading to Sonoma on their mac. Thank you!!

Reaction score
This should be a simple upgrade process. Adobe has made some improvements in creative cloud.

1st thing that you do is run the update to macOS Sonoma. After the OS is upgraded then launch the Creative Cloud software and go to Apps. Look at the apps that you have installed, If the app needs to be updated or reinstalled then there will be an button next to the app that states what you need to do. If the buttons grayed out then you can just launch your apps and use them just as you have before.

Reaction score
This should be a simple upgrade process. Adobe has made some improvements in creative cloud.

1st thing that you do is run the update to macOS Sonoma. After the OS is upgraded then launch the Creative Cloud software and go to Apps. Look at the apps that you have installed, If the app needs to be updated or reinstalled then there will be an button next to the app that states what you need to do. If the buttons grayed out then you can just launch your apps and use them just as you have before.
Thank you! I just have not heard anything positive about upgrading to the latest Sonoma by any other designers and since I am doing work from home at the moment, I didn't want to mess up files, etc.

Reaction score
Thank you! I just have not heard anything positive about upgrading to the latest Sonoma by any other designers and since I am doing work from home at the moment, I didn't want to mess up files, etc.
Actually, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 (23E224) is a must since the latest update addressed a lot of issues with Sonoma. Most of the time, during the earlier versions of Sonoma, I encountered a lot of issues in Creative Cloud, mostly with Adobe libraries sync. I dreaded seeing the red flag in the CC icon on the menu bar. Ever since the 14.4.1 update, all of those issues disappeared. I still occasionally see the red in the CC menu icon, but it has always been for notifications. No more problems with syncing libraries.

I, too, rely heavily on ID, AI, and PS for the majority of the design work I do. And the “2024” versions have been very stable so far.

Reaction score
Actually, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 (23E224) is a must since the latest update addressed a lot of issues with Sonoma. Most of the time, during the earlier versions of Sonoma, I encountered a lot of issues in Creative Cloud, mostly with Adobe libraries sync. I dreaded seeing the red flag in the CC icon on the menu bar. Ever since the 14.4.1 update, all of those issues disappeared. I still occasionally see the red in the CC menu icon, but it has always been for notifications. No more problems with syncing libraries.

I, too, rely heavily on ID, AI, and PS for the majority of the design work I do. And the “2024” versions have been very stable so far.
Thank you for letting me know!

Ask a Question